For many people, the process of getting a loan for a new or used motorcycle purchase can be an intimidating, frustrating and (often unnecessarily) expensive proposition. Here at BMW Motorcycles of San Francisco we try to remove some of the typical ‘smoke and mirrors’ by helping you secure a loan with BMW Financial Services (BMWFS) or one of the local credit unions we work with via a system called ‘CUDL’. We’ll help you every step of the way so you can stop worrying about credit scores, down payments and monthly payment and start focusing on where to go on your next ride.
If you are interested in financing a new BMW motorcycle the first step is always to submit a credit application to lenders to see how much money they are willing to lend to you and at what interest rate. We almost always recommend submitting a credit application to BMWFS first for a few reasons:
- BMWFS is a motivated lender, meaning, they are inclined to offer loans with attractive rates to people buying BMW Motorcycles because they want to help BMW of North America (a separate entity in the hierarchy of BMW) sell more bikes. Many manufacturers use outside lenders to finance motorcycle purchases but those lenders are only there to collect money off the loans, these outside lenders generally don’t care as much about a customer’s motorcycle ownership experience because they are completely separate from the manufacturer. By keeping it in-house with BMWFS, you’re gonna get the full BMW experience.
- BMWFS‘s rates are extremely competitive. No one can ever boast ‘the best rates’ (it’s illegal to do so after recent banking reforms) but many of our customers have been pleasantly surprised when we’ve compared the interest rates and terms of BMWFS loans to that of local credit unions.
- BMWFS doesn’t impose any prepayment penalties if you decide to pay off your loan earlier than expected.
- BMWFS offers customers an automatic electronic payment system called ‘Easy Pay’ so you can schedule your payments to come directly out of a checking or savings account.
- BMWFS allow customers with approved credit to finance accessories, riding gear and/or extended warranties along with their motorcycle, meaning you can get your BMW Motorcycle setup the way you want and still have just one monthly payment.
- BMWFS offers standard financing and the very attractive new ‘3asy Ride’ loan format to meet the needs of all kinds of riders.
Of course, we understand some people have a pre-existing relationship with a local credit union and would prefer to finance their next motorcycle with a familiar lender. If you’d like to explore financing through a credit union please visit our CUDL information page to learn how we can make credit union financing as smooth as possible. Otherwise, below is more information about financing a BMW motorcycle using BMWFS.
BMW FINANCIAL SERVICES OPTIONS:
- Traditional Financing: This kind of loan is structured so that monthly payments remain the same for the duration of the loan. If we can get your credit approved, this type of loan does not require a down payment but you are always welcome to put some money (or a trade-in motorcycle) down to reduce your monthly payments. If you typically keep your motorcyle(s) for 5 years or more traditional financing will probably be the best fit for you. Click here to apply for traditional financing.
- ‘3asy Ride’: Thanks to BMW’s extensive experience in the automotive world where leases rule, BMWFS has developed the ‘3asy Ride’ loan structure WHICH IS NOT A LEASE, but offers some of the same advantages as a lease. ‘3asy Ride’ loans feature low monthly payments which are established up front and an end of term balloon payment which can be handled a number of ways. ‘3asy Ride’ loans feature terms between 24 and 48 months. The ‘3asy Ride’ program is best for people that want to get a new motorcycle every few years or are accustomed to leasing cars or want to defer paying a large portion of the purchase price until a few years down the road. Click here to apply for ‘3asy Ride’ financing.
- College Graduate Program: This program was designed by BMWFS to offer recent graduates a means of purchasing a new BMW Motorcycle as they begin their professional careers. Because many students have limited credit histories, BMWFS will require additional documentation to participate in this program but if you qualify you can take advantage of low interest rates while enjoying the bike of your dreams. Click here to learn more about the college graduate program.
CREDIT UNION FINANCING:
- ‘CUDL’: We can help you finance your next motorcycle purchase through a number of local credit unions thanks to a system called ‘CUDL’. If you’d like to learn more about ‘CUDL’ and how it works just click here.
- Of course, you can always go to a credit union yourself, fill out the loan application paperwork, get a cashier’s or certified check and then come down to the dealership to pick up a motorcycle. That also works for us, but if you want to save a step or are uncertain how the process works let us help and submit your application through ‘CUDL’.
BMWFS CREDIT APPLICATION:
There are two ways to submit a credit application to BMW Financial Services.
1) You can view the BMWFS credit application by opening the pdf version here. Please be sure to complete as much of the application as possible and then send us a copy via fax (415-520-5262) or e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). When you send a completed credit application to us we will submit it to BMWFS on your behalf at which point BMWFS will run a credit inquiry through one of the credit bureaus. After BMWFS has made a decision regarding your application, one of our sales staff will contact you with the results.
- Your application will be encrypted for security, transmitted to BMW Financial Services and processed through us. On the business day after submitting your application we will automatically receive your credit decision and information from your consumer credit report.
- If you submit your application during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm EST), you will receive an e-mail decision from BMW Financial Services within 24 hours of your submission.
- If approved, your approval will remain valid so long as you complete the financing transaction and take delivery of your vehicle withing 60 days from date of application.
The BMWFS On-line Credit Application is for U.S. residents only (applying as individuals, not as a business). This is an official credit application and, as such, a credit bureau inquiry under your name will be processed each time you submit an application. Any credit approval is valid at the selected BMW Center only and is subject to finalization of vehicle selection and financing structure by your chosen BMW Center. If a higher credit line is required, additional information may be requested by your BMW Center.
If you prefer to fill out the BMWFS credit application at our dealership please be aware that approvals and/or denials from BMWFS usually take 15-60 minutes to process. So you might have to enjoy our customer lounge and a free cup of coffee while you wait… Hopefully, that’s okay.
If you have questions PLEASE contact us online, call our sales department at 415-503-9954 or e-mail us at email@example.com so we can assist you with the BMWFS Credit Application. If you are anywhere in the Brisbane, San Mateo, or San Bruno, CA, area, make the short drive down and visit our BMW motorcycle dealership in San Francisco, CA,today!
Copyright 2010 CU Direct Corporation. All Rights Reserved. 1-877-744-CUDL (2835)