BMW of North America offers the best factory warranty in the motorcycle business but many BMW riders keep their motorcycles well beyond the standard 3-year / 36,000 mile warranty. If you’re planning to keep riding your motorcycle beyond the term of the BMW factory warranty we can provide a means of protecting your investment up to 7 years from the date of original purchase with no mileage limitations.
BMW Motorcycles of San Francisco proudly sells extended service contracts from Western Service Contract Corp and we believe strongly in the value of these plans. Western Service is very easy to deal with and the prices of their contracts are extremely reasonable. Extended service contracts offer peace of mind and are a particularly good value for riders that put a lot of miles on their bikes.
If you are still within your factory warranty, you are eligible for Western Service’s most comprehensive extended service contract. These contracts cover the following items:
· Seals and Gaskets: All seals and gaskets contained within the engine, primary transmission, driveshaft, and rear drive, due to leakage.
· Front Suspension: All internally lubricated parts contained in the front fork tubes, front wheel bearings, power steering and front hub only if damaged by and operational or structural failure of an internally lubricated part.
· Steering: Steering stem bearings and their races, power steering and related components from an operational or structural failure.
· Rear Suspension: Rear wheel bearing and swing arm bearing/bushings. Rear hub only if damaged by an operational or structural failure of an internally lubricated part.
· Instrumentation: All factory instrumentation (mechanical and electronic) and electronic instrument sensors.
· Brakes: Brake hubs, disk rotors, disc calipers, master cylinder, assembly, hydraulic lines and fittings, traction control, drum brakes actuating mechanisms including the brake backing plates, ABS brakes and stability systems.
· Electrical: Electric motor, start motor, wiring harness, switches, solenoids, coils, electronic ignition control modules, alternator, stator and rotors, AC/DC rectifiers, electronic fuel induction/injection control module and its sensors, fuel pumps and cooling fans.
· Engine: All internally lubricated parts, coolant pump, cylinder and cylinder head only if damaged by an operational or structural failure of an internally lubricated part.
· Transmission: All internally lubricated parts contained within the transmission case. Transmission case only if damaged by an operational or structural failure of an integral part. Constant velocity transmission (CVT) parts.
· Primary Drive Unit: All internally lubricated parts contained within the primary case except clutch assemblies. Primary case only if damaged by an operational or structural failure of an internally lubricated part.
· Final Drive Unit (shaft drive only): All internally lubricated parts, contained within the drive shaft and final drive housings. Drive shaft housing and final drive housing only if damaged by an operational or structural failure of an internally lubricated part.
These are very comprehensive extended service contracts but please be aware that they do not cover your tires and wheels from road hazards. Thankfully we can also provide Tire and Wheel Protection Plans to pay for new tires and/or wheels in the event that your motorcycle is damaged by road debris or potholes. Click here to learn more about Tire and Wheel Protection Plans.
Prices for extended service contracts vary by the engine size of your motorcycle and by the length of the contracts but our sales staff can provide you with a quote very quickly. Contact our sales department at 415-503-9954 or send us an e-mail if you would like to learn more about these products or to purchase additional protection for your motorcycle.